December 28, 2007

It's the "list" thing, again.



Here's what I want to watch in 2008.

    1. Michael Clayton // There Will Be Blood // The Great Debaters
    Drama Thiller or whatever grim genre or heavy storyline to watch along with bubbly smile. Get your popcorns ready and hold tight to your seat! Every year there will be a few big shot productions that we all should not miss eg: Crash, A Beautiful Life etc. And these few are just part of the league.

    2. Persepolis
    Monographic animation from the perspective an Iranian girl about her coming-of-age tale in Teheran and Vienna in an amusing way. Or not? At least this is the plot I could recall. Still not keen? Read this -> this film is France's Official Submission to the Best Foreign Language Film Category of the 80th Annual Academy Awards (2008).

    3. PS I Love You
    Gerard Butler being romantic and Hillary Swank being too girly than she’s born to be. I definitely will not miss this.
    4. 21
    Teenager’s version of Ocean 11/12/13. Why not? We’ll see if Jim Sturgess http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0836343/. And, this is a true story about the smart kids (that I’ll never be) fooling everyone else. Why miss it?

    5. Juno
    A highly acclaimed movie with Ellen Page from the unforgettable Hard Candy, about a underage pregnant teenager looking for adoptive parents for her new born. I’m looking forward to see the sarcastic attitude in her character.
    Note: When I checked back Hard Candy in imdb.com, guess what, I saw Sandra Oh in the movie screenshots. :|

    6. 4 Months 3 Weeks & 2 Days (Original Romanian Title: 4 Luni, 3 Saptamani Si 2 Zile )
    This is about another premarital pregnancy. This time, two girls are plotting after a DIY abortion. Young girls out there should pay attention to this so that you’ll get inspired to devise an alternative to the conventional scratch-it-then-drop-it abortion method. Okay, that’s not how you do it? That’s why I need to watch this.

    7. Purple Violet
    I know I know. This might another underperforming plot that under-utilizes good actors. But, come one! Selma Blair? And an adult version of The Sisterhood of Travelling Pants. It’s time for me to ditch all my grim depressive indie movies and go back to the mainstream lovey dovey motivating happy sappy stuffs. Nonetheless, The Sisterhood of Travelling Pants is releasing in 2008 with the same cast in Part 1. Don't miss it since it will be a superb reunion after the 4 girls - Blake Lively (Gossip Girl), Amber Tamblyn (Joan of Arcadia), Alexis Bledel (Gilmore Girls) and America Ferrera(Ugly Betty) got it big in their acting career.

    8.Man In The Chair
    I was googling on the director Michael Schroeder since the name sounded catchy enough for me to stuff an impressive reason why I include this movie in my list. Well, I could’t find any names that ring a bell to me other than Honey, I Blew Up The Kid. However, whatever happened below does not dictate what you can achieve. The story line sounds very moving to me and the reviews have been good so far. So, I’m putting this in my list! It’s about underdogs and the long forgotten old men in a home helping out a teenager to shoot a movie to win a film competition for students. I’m expecting a lot of chemistry between the young and the old.

    9. Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day
    A retrenched governess entering the glamorous social life of entertainment industry after working for an actress. The plot sounds typical until I came across the name Lee Pace as the musician that the actress’s involved with secretly. Lee Pace?! That’s one daisical yes to watch.

    10. The Diving Bell & The Butterfly ( Original French Title: Le scaphandre et le papillon )
    IMDB says, “The true story of Elle editor Jean-Dominique Bauby who suffers a stroke and has to live with an almost totally paralyzed body; only his left eye isn't paralyzed.” That doesn’t sound tempting until I read that the film is shot from the perspective of Jean using his unparalyzed left eye to explore & communicate with the world.

What I Missed was Across The Universe which I'm sure all The Beetles fans did not. I’m not one huge fan but it’s good to feel all retrospective and young with The Beetles ecstatic rhythm all compiled in one movie again.

The, I tried to think Which albums in 2007 were good enough to catch my attention and I can’t think of anything other than Feist’s The Reminder album. Other than this, Rolling Stones did quite a good list of 100 best songs of 2007 that I quite agree with. So, click on and compile your New Year Even party mix tape.

Until then, I'm off somewhere.

Adios.

No comments: