January 14, 2008

Kickoff

Of exact 100 RSS sources, including my own's, that I subscribed to, I think my post-holiday syndrome is the most severe. The active contributors in my list such as NOTCOT.org and The Sartorialist have started their first post of 2008 way days back. Me? I'm still a turtle-crawling grass-mowing and beef-jerky-chewing slow.

As a start, I'll write about the two fashion/trend-related feeds that have turned into my daily must-read. Well, it's also because they have daily or almost-daily updates and interesting contents. You've seen them up above ^. Yes, NOTCOT.org and The Sartorialist.

1. NOTCOT.org

I discovered this site when I was surfing Mooie's blog. ( Note: Mooie is a local boutique with a young and funky spirit that reminds me of Palate Palette at Changkat Bukit Bintang. I'm not going to share the link because Mooie's stuffs are more and more disappointing lately!

Back to NOTCOT.org. Out of my 3 months observation, I would say NOTCOT.org seems to be the electronic version of underground trend magazine mogul with various spin-off sister sites such as NotCouture, NOTed, The Gallery, TasteSpotting and last but not least their dot com. Of all these spin-offs, I'm more impressed with NOTCOT.org and Tastespotting for I love pretty stuffs and delicious food however to date, I only subscribe to NOTCOT.org as...come on, do I live it the States? I will not put myself in a situation such as loving a LV Speedy so much and knowing myself will never buy one until my salary really makes me smile everyday.

In short, give it a click. I hope you'll enjoy it.

2. The Sartorialist

Two words.
"Photography" and "posh funky people".

Okay, that's three. But, you get me.
This chap obviously has a link to GQ.com in his blog and such have I wondered one day if he's shooting for GQ magazine. The portraits he took for the street series are very beautiful. Somehow, the bokeh gives the character more personality and the contrast of colors in their clothing just perfects the whole composition of everything. I'm no photography expert but somehow, I know it's not as simple as clicking a shutter and it'll be that good.

Click on it everyday and you'll know how much your wardrobe needs a revamp. Or, at least that is what I feel these days. Urge to splurge, don't you agree?

Anyway, these two are just the tiny bits of the talented blogger pool out there and I'm enjoying reading them these days. I'll see if I smack on anything impressive tomorrow.

Till then, "tank" you.

No comments: