January 25, 2008

Calling for Le Scaphandre et Le Papillon English Subtitles!



Have you ever come across a movie you know can make a difference to your life? Well, there is none because you answer to the calling of your life and you make all the decisions where you are accountable to your own actions. So, stop depending on 120 minutes to change the many minutes that have yet to come. I'm just saying that to myself as I do think the story of a successful editor at Elle's turning paralyzed and still could write a book by blinking only one eye.

Here it goes. I've acquired a copy of The Diving Bell & The Butterfly WITHOUT SUBTITLES. With total confession to the fact that my understanding in French is too limited the first 5 minutes of the whole movie ( since the story has not even started yet !!).

So, please help me out if you can dig the English subtitles for Le Scaphandre et Le Papillon 1 CD. I must watch this movie. And, yes, I must stick to this copy since I refuse to resort to RMVB version with mere Chinese subtitles that will totally degrade the anesthetic element of the whole movie! All exotic accents should play in its original voice, period.

Please leave me a comment if you have it, or even know this movie. At least, I can talk to someone about this.

More about my weekly movie marathon later.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Newly released English subtitles by opensub here.

Carolina said...

I have the same problem... I want to see the movie Le Scaphandre et Le Papillon... I have gone through a lot of subtitle sites including the one mentioned in the previous comment, and sadly those subtitles apparently are not for the movie, but for the movie "Le Papillon" (that is what i read somewhere) and they don´t make sense in the movie if you try them... If you get the correct subtitles let me know! : )

Unknown said...

I just played the movie.
The subtitle file is for "The Secrets of Isabel"... ( ?!?!?! )
Still, I'm on the hunt for the subtitles.

Unknown said...

Carolina, I found another real file at wikisubtitles.net. It's a not good subtitle since it's very out-of-sync, but you can refer to the link as some people might correct the out-of-sync issue from time to time.

Or, I'll wait for it and let you know once it's up. I very much look forward to this movie!

Carolina said...

Hi, yeah, this seems like the real one! I tried it in the movie and tried to syncronize it but still with no luck... I will also keep checking that page, thank you!

Unknown said...

Found them at long last: http://www.opensubtitles.com/en/subtitles/3248342/scaphandre-et-le-papillon-le-en

Enjoy the movie!

mike said...

Working Subtitles that aren't gibberish.

http://www.divx-titlovi.com/LE_SCAPHANDRE_ET_LE_PAPILLON_THE_DIVING_BELL_AND_THE_BUTTERFLY-47914.aspx