March 16, 2008

Coalition for Tibetans

I honestly do not read much on local news or sometimes world news too. But, I do know one thing that disgusts me, is how the monks had to go to the extent of hunger strike, self inflammation or street protests to remind the government and the world that the disastrous social and political madness should be put to halt.

After Burmese monks were injured in a series of protests,Tibetan lamas reenacted the strategy to free Tbet from China's gripping anarchy. The irony submerges when China has recently been removed from the list of worst human rights offenders by US State Department.

I will not say more.


( Copyright by Reuters / Shruti Shrestha )


Please read further at my discovery source - Boingboing.net. Even Reuters or GoogleNews might not disclose much enough of what's happening in Tibet with the big boy controlling the media leaks, I guess.

No comments: