June 7, 2008

Crazy Sexy Beautiful



...I refused to be saddled with the isolating stigma associated with cancer. Just because it had changed my life forever, didn't mean that I had changed...
-Kris Carr


Having felt the start of dry season for tv series, I have seek alternatives in movie sources as usual. One day, I bumped into RLSLOG's post regarding VoMiT's release. It's about fighting cancer that turned out to be crazy and sexy, as the title "Crazy Sexy Cancer" says. That is quite true as how the main character presented it.

On Valentines Day in 2003, Kris Carr was diagnosed with a rare cancer which was in critical last stage with signs of deterioration. What lied ahead was knowledge of a time bomb being paused but with the possibility of being resumed into ticking in time. Weeks later, she began filming her journey seeking of cure, in medicine, homeopathy and inner peace. In this true-story-turned-documentary, Kris shares her wild and inspirational journey with exuberance and humor.

This documentary is about strength and growth in life, love and friendship, courage and wisdom. I love the editing of the story that really made me wonder how Kris could have faced this hardship alone, and then slowly, other characters such as family, friends and lover were introduced. Now, Kris has founded My Crazy Sexy Life!, a social networking site for the supporters of holistic medicine; Crazy Sexy Blog! that keeps those that concern updated. It's all about WEB 2.0!

In all, she had all my respect and admiration when she just laughed off certain difficult moments and decisions facing death. This is the spirit.

And that is what I do facing inflation. Go NGV!

No comments: