May 24, 2010

What can basil do ?



My flatmate bought a pot of basil and she's been watering it everyday. I tell you, this plant is a demanding monster because it needs huge amount of water everyday to sustain its hue of pretty green on its leaves. That doesn't come cheap - for remembering this task before either one of us head off to work.



Then I thought - what can I cook out of it? * blank *
Usually, my first inspiration is caramelized onions and it's been a useful stepping stone to whatever dish I'll end of preparing in the end.




For example, basil salad with parmesan. This is delicious, especially added with cherry tomatoes later on.



Basil salad also serves as great side dish for roasted rosemary chicken.




I suppose being in a country where fresh food is sold in the market, and well preserved in the cold weather did help me to fall in love with cooking even more.



Basil, oh, basil. I'll think of another way of eating you tonight.

1 comment:

weixuan said...

go make ga-prao moo (pork stir fried with basil leaves).