April 11, 2008

Aqua Leung



I always think Marvel comic is all there is for superhero-themed comics or all there is for western comics. Yes, I'm talking about handsome men with husky and muscular bodies, wearing tight leather pants. I'm pleased to see something different. Well, maybe only now is when I take notice on the minority players.

Here's a new comic with Asian character bearing same name with its title "Aqua Leong", I suppose, and it just reminds me of the infamous Wong Yuk Long's Oriental Heroes comic which turned Dragon Tiger Gate movie. This comic Aqua Leung, is created by Mark Andrew Smith and Paul Maybury. Yes, Mat Salleh! I'm keen to see how this will turn out, if any media attention is stirred as expected.

Joe Keating of Image described it this way: "In a nutshell - the royal family of Atlantis is slaughtered, with their murderer taking up the throne. What he doesn't know is their young prince survived and is battling across the ocean to get his revenge."

Browse for preview pages here.

No comments: